Dancing Lessons

Last night the school offered free dancing lessons to students. The first half of the hour was spent learning to salsa dance. Let me tell you... the pros on tv make it look so easy, but it´s not that easy! However, once you get the hang of the steps, it´s not that bad. It seems as if your last "step" is always back... remember that one! The second half of the hour was spent on the Bachata. The Bachata is a simple dance, always with three steps in each pass. I think this one is easy, once you get the hang of the turns.


After the hour, our lessons were finished. I stayed a bit longer and one of the workers here at COSI taught me how to dance the Marenge. This is by far the easiest, step wise. You just move your feet back and forth. The important thing is to keep your hips moving. So, the Marenge is easy, until you start doing turns.... then it can get EXTREMELY complicated! There are so many different types of turns, and I swear I felt like a pretzel with some of them. I am told that it´s easier when you have a good partner who is a strong leader.

Today, I finished my first week and I have learned so much grammar and vocabulary. I am sure that the next two weeks will be just as full of work, and fun!
0 Responses

Post a Comment