Surfing

Despite the overcast skys today, I learned how to surf. I even rode the waves a few times =) It only took me about 15 minutes before I was able to "ride a wave." Raymond, the guy who taught me, said that I have really good balance and that I once I got up, I did a good job at riding the wave into the shore.

Despite a few bumps and bruises, I think I may try again on Friday. The pros on the TV make it look a lot easier than it really is.... but I didn´t give up!

On a side note, I learned the other day that Costa Rica hasn´t had any type of army in over 60 years! Costa Rica is a peaceful country and they believe in trying to better thier country not through war, but through commerce and diplomatic relationships. The only "force" that there is in Costa Rica is the police. Since Monday, the police have been on the beach. There are many people who make thier living by selling items or services on the beach. Although they are supposed to have a permit to do this, most of them do not. This is quite common. However, they do not go to the beach when the police are there. Who knows when the police will leave, but a Tico told me it should be soon, that the police do this two to four times a year.
0 Responses

Post a Comment