Monos, Monos, Monos

Today I went to Manuel Antonio National Park. The park is at the end of the beach in Manuel Antonio and you must pay to get into the park. The park has much to offer, including some absolutly beautiful beaches, a ton of plants, and best of all, animals in thier natural environment. I got to see a two towed sloth, a couple of different lizzard, an animal that looks like a cross between a pig and a rat (rat´s face), and my favorite... MONKEYS!!!!!

I was so close to the white faced monkeys. They were within an arms lenght from where I was standing. It was a family, approximately 10 to 15 monkeys. They were jumping from tree to tree, playing, and looking at the funny things (aka... the humans). It was interesting to see them search for food. They eat insects that they can find in trees and a certian type of leaf. They also eat some fruits that can be found way up towards the top of some tall trees.







It was my favorite part of the day. I kept trying to convince one of them to hop into my bag to come home to the USA... but I don´t think he liked the idea, since he soon scurried off up a tree.

I also visited the 3rd beach in the park. This is the best beach in the area because it´s in a cove. This means that there are hardly any waves. The water was a beautiful greenish-blue and pretty clear. The sand is white because there no impurities that get washed up onto the shore. The water is also really warm. It was a beautiful spot to swim and relax for a few hours before my class.

Only 4 more days left here in Manuel Antonio. I´ll keep you updated! Keep on reading!

0 Responses

Post a Comment